It would seem that everyone is now on Instagram, from celebrities to your great-grandmother – even our furry friends are now stars of their own little worlds. However, despite the astounding two hundred million users who have downloaded the application, your only follower is a random guy who liked that picture of you in a bikini a little too quickly.
So, what’s the problem?
You’re Posting Too Much or Too Little.
People are not going to want to follow someone who apparently has nothing else to do but take a picture of every single thing they ate that day. They don’t want to dedicate their time to someone who has nothing to show, either.
- Only take a picture of what is relevant.I’m sure your life is extremely interesting, but we don’t need to see every detail.
- Absence will cause people to forget you.It’s fine to mention that you’re away for a few days, but an unexplained absence will cause people to think you just don’t care.
- Don’t post more than two times a day. Anything more would seem like you’re desperate for attention or have nothing else to do. Remember, leave your audience wanting more.
You Aren’t Social Anywhere Else.
In the age of technology, we are connected everywhere, particularly on the Internet. Your Facebook is connected to Tumblr, which has a feed from Twitter… and so on. When people are interested in you, they’ll find you – everywhere. Creepy? Yes, but it’s the truth. If people see that you aren’t really active anywhere, they’ll be less inclined to try and figure you out.
- Link all social media.Not only is this convenient for you, but it’ll entice an audience.
- If you don’t have an account somewhere, make one.Unless you have a good reason not to, make sure you’re grabbing people from different venues.
- Stay active and engaged. Just having an account won’t make you interesting.
Your Posts Are Boring.
As this is mostly why you have a lack of followers, it’s time to find a niche and roll with it. Some people have such an amazingly interesting life that they can just post a leaf and get away with it. Unfortunately, most of us aren’t those kind of people.
- Be aware of what everyone else is posting.After that, don’t post that kind of stuff. If you do, put a unique twist on it.
- Use witty #hashtags.But don’t overdo it, because that can become annoying.
- You’re interesting.Everyone else just has to realize that. Be honest with yourself and don’t hold back.
You Don’t Follow Anybody.
Sure, you may follow a coworker and your sister-in-law, but that doesn’t count. You’ll need to be social and create connections.
- Follow people who are similar to you.This way, your dashboard isn’t boring and their followers might saunter onto your profile.
- Comment on people’s photos.By default, people will see your name and take a look at what you have to offer.
- Join a community.It can be fun to be with other people of shared interests, and it’ll put your name out there, as well.
If none of this works, then you can just buy Instagram followers, since that’ll raise your chances of appearing on the “popular” page. There are even some places that offer free Instagram followers, which may be worth checking out.